Sunday, July 17, 2011

Almost completely allergen free - a few exceptions




I bought a box of the Bisquick Gluten Free mix - way too expensive for how little you get and how easy it would be to make, however I wanted something simple. Next time, I will just make my own mix, though.

Anyway! This morning, the veggiebaby and I decided to make chocolate chip pancakes. And they were dairy free, gluten free AND soy free! Yum!

We followed the recipe on the Bisquick box - 1 cup of the mix, 1 cup of milk (we used almond - yum!), 2 tbsp of vegetable oil (we used coconut oil), and 1 egg (milled flax seed - 1 tbsp milled flax seed + 3 tbsp water)

Once we were done, we slathered it in Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread. However, since we used the coconut oil, it really didn't need the Earth Balance. Next time, I will just not even use the butter. The coconut oil made it really delicious and moist. Coconut oil is so good.

Enjoy the incredibly sloppy camera phone picture. See how healthy I am? Slathered in powdered sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment